Flush galvanized potable system

Users who are viewing this thread

Joshmee123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I keep hearing about a "blow-back" aka galvanized system flush when the pressure gets too low and to rid it of rust clogging. I'm so swamped and the lines are in slab. Before I consider a reroute, anyone know how to properly perform this old-school style service? The cold is good and it has mixed piping fyi Thanks

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
It is really not worth doing. to answer your question, it is just a matter of back flushing however you can try it, both air and water.
Often we would get water from a neighbors hose bibb.
Total waste because galvanized is dead/done/worthless and you most often will either clog fully and waste your time.

Joshmee123

Reaction score
Figured thank you sir never did much but given it's half the house you are right, a reroute is in order. Half the house is effected indicating it's mainline hot side . Had to wonder what it entailed and if it was worth it. Ty bud

Josh - California

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks