Fleck 5810 vs clack ws1

Users who are viewing this thread

MN Rez

Reaction score
I am sure I am going to get a mix of answers for this question. Does anyone have any preference or suggestions on choosing between a clack ws1 or a fleck 5810 softener system? 5 person family, City water, 17 gpg hardness. Any help appreciated.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
All water softeners work the same. They all use the same resin bed and similar bottles with salt. The major difference between makes is the controls and mechanical parts. The controls are mostly electronic but they still need mechanical parts to move valves, etc. As with anything that moves they eventually wear out or a power surge kills the electronics. What is important is the ease of getting parts and local service if ever needed. Size wise the larger the resin capacity, the less regenerations will be needed.

If you know how to fix things and you can handle any problems, maybe OK to buy online but don't expect any warranty work from a locale company. Buying from a local water treatment company you may pay more and they will install it. Any problems they will usually stand behind their work.

MN Rez

Reaction score
All water softeners work the same. They all use the same resin bed and similar bottles with salt. The major difference between makes is the controls and mechanical parts. The controls are mostly electronic but they still need mechanical parts to move valves, etc. As with anything that moves they eventually wear out or a power surge kills the electronics. What is important is the ease of getting parts and local service if ever needed. Size wise the larger the resin capacity, the less regenerations will be needed.

If you know how to fix things and you can handle any problems, maybe OK to buy online but don't expect any warranty work from a locale company. Buying from a local water treatment company you may pay more and they will install it. Any problems they will usually stand behind their work.

I was debating an online company with a physical store as well (not physical in my area though). Such a huge difference in price between online and local. 15% markup even if I pick it up myself seems excessive but I am sure most people don't have a problem with that. Easy install at my place. Water lines all set up just connect. Thanks for the response.

Reach4

Reaction score
I was debating an online company with a physical store as well (not physical in my area though). Such a huge difference in price between online and local. 15% markup even if I pick it up myself seems excessive but I am sure most people don't have a problem with that.
Did you mean to type 150% instead of 15%?

Reach4

Reaction score
115% of the cost of the online one plus it comes with better resin online plus then install costs.
If one is $800, 115% of that for the other would be $920. So if you are getting comparable stuff, sounds like a deal if that includes installation. A 115% markup of $800 would be $1720.

MN Rez

Reaction score
If one is $800, 115% of that for the other would be $920. So if you are getting comparable stuff, sounds like a deal if that includes installation. A 115% markup of $800 would be $1720.

890 to purchase with tax online. 1025 + 350 install from local. So a 435 cost for someone else to install. It really is not too bad. Very simple job to do on own though since it has had a softener before.

Beer Renter

Reaction score
New member. Looking at up flow brining softener system from affordablewater.us and have the choice between a Canature valve and Fleck 5810 and need some advice. I put this here because I cannot see where the option is for me to start a new thread.

Reach4

Reaction score
New member. Looking at up flow brining softener system from affordablewater.us and have the choice between a Canature valve and Fleck 5810 and need some advice. I put this here because I cannot see where the option is for me to start a new thread.
To post a new thread:
Click Forums, which gets you to http://www.terrylove.com/forums/index.php
Click the name of the forum that you want to post into.
On the right, click on "Post New Thread".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks