Fleck 5600SXT cold water is fine but hot water is yellowish

Users who are viewing this thread

Chizu

Reaction score
Hi, I just installed a new Fleck 5600SXT on a new build house. At first the cold water was really cloudy and hot water was yellowish. I performed a backwash (4-5 mins each cycle, didn't run the entire cycle) and now the cold water is clear, but hot water is still yellowish.

The hot water tank is brand new and I didn't experience this yellow water before the soft water installation. I flushed the hot water tank but still experiencing yellow hot water.

Any clue what could be wrong?

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you should maybe backwash for 30 minutes. To do that, you can start a regen, and after a minute of backwashing, unplug the power.

25 minutes later, apply power again. I think the cycle continues. You can press the button briefly a few times to move to the next cycle. You could then step right to in-service.

I don't know why the WH water should be yellow. A powered anode with the current running backwards might do that, but you did not put in a powered anode anyway.

Since you already have yellow in the WH, maybe turn the control to vacation (or off if no vacation setting), and drain the WH. Or take a yellow bath.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks