First Floor Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

RobBeau

Reaction score
Hello,

Great forum! I've been browsing and searching to try and find information. But I'm stuck on my drain layout. I have a first floor powder room (toilet and sink) and I'd like to add a shower. Due to floor joist layout, and trying to re-use existing piping, I'd like to have the layout shown in the image. But I think there are problems.
  1. I think the vertical 3x3x2x2 wye prevents the toilet and shower being wet vented, so I would have to dry vent each of these separately?
  2. But if I put the 3x3x2x2 wye horizontal instead of vertical would that wet vent the toilet and shower?
Thanks,

Bathroom Piping.png
Bathroom Piping.png

RobBeau

Reaction score
No one replied, so I got a local plumber to do the work. For anyone else's future reference if they stumble on this post, my plumber told me:
  1. A vertical wye doesn't allow the system to be wet vented.
  2. A horizontal wye would allow the system to be wet vented, if the 2" runs were less then 8ft.
  3. My shower run as shown was longer than 8ft, so it would have need it's own dry vent.
  4. My plumber routed the shower drain into the lav, which he said meant it was wet vented and didn't need it's own dry vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks