Filter change now water reeks!!!!! help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cudos

Reaction score
Hello all,

Little back ground first. Artesian well 120 ft deep drilled 2 years ago. Water tested and came back quite good, iron a little high, borderline staining levels. We had a WH5 whole house green sand manganese filter installed for the metallic smell we were noticing (iron) NO rotten egg smell at that time.

The filter has worked wonderfully for 1.5 years, no smell from water and no staining. I decided to change the filter due to a water pressure drop and because it was likely time. I followed the directions and replaced the filter, quite a simple procedure.

Right from the start I noticed the water did not smell very good and chocked it up to just having put the new filter in. We used the cabin for the rest of the day then we left for 2 weeks. Upon returning we now have a horrendous rotten egg smell. You can smell it from the cold water, its there but not over powering, however the hot water is brutal! the smell will fill the whole cabin.

I can't understand why all of a sudden after the filter change the water now reeks. I have to assume that the water was stinking before as well but the previous filter was working and this one is defective??? could I have bacteria build up in the hot water tank from sitting for 2 weeks? the hot water tank is electric and only 2 years old and used only on weekends.

My neighbor right beside me, his well is only 30 ft away from mine in the same aquifer (i assume) and has the same wh5 filter system as me but installed 6 months after me so he is still on his first filter. He has no smell from hot or cold. We do have a shit load of snow that is starting to melt, could that be effecting our well water (artesian) but why not him.

I'm beginning to think my hot water tank and lines are contaminated but how the hell do you shock or flush an aretisian well? All I know is my wife is having a cow over this and can't understand why I haven't fixed it yet lol.

Any thought???

Regards,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks