Favorite caulk for seating top mount sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

plumb krazy

Reaction score
Hi,
I went down to the hardware store to buy some clear caulk for seating a new top mount sink in a new "quartz" Silestone countertop, and was overwhelmed by the choices.

Is it all the same stuff in 18 different packages or is there a big difference in applicability?

We selected a top mount sink design with the idea that it would be easier to remove and replace if needed, so we are thinking of the caulk as a sealant rather than a high strength adhesive.

Does anyone have a preference or thoughts they can share?

Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been using PolySeamSeal clear. Goes on white, dries clear, and can be removed later on.
I just removed a kohler Portrait toilet today that had been Siliconed to the floor. I hate that. I hate the Silicone

portrait-k3591-01.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
With Silicone it's harder to remove and replace later. There was a lav the other day that I gave up on. I could not unstick it from the countertop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks