Evaporated confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Rickeydo

Reaction score
Purchased a new Goodman 3 ton heat pump . (split system ) I have everything installed except the copper line set. The set is 3/4 - 3/8 . This system has an alum evaporator and a copper line welded in for the set. It is welded closed. When I cut the end off it is much bigger than the 3/4 line that I wish to braze into. What is used for this ?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Purchased a new Goodman 3 ton heat pump . (split system ) I have everything installed except the copper line set. The set is 3/4 - 3/8 . This system has an alum evaporator and a copper line welded in for the set. It is welded closed. When I cut the end off it is much bigger than the 3/4 line that I wish to braze into. What is used for this ?
I think you have the wrong line set. The liquor line and vapor line should match the size of the coil and compressor.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Whats the model # of coil? Take a pic of the coil connections. The suction connection measures 7/8" od and the line is 3 /4" od. If thats rthe case a 7 /8 x 3/4 reducing coupling or 90° ( ell ).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks