EMM-3 Replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

potroastman

Reaction score
I have a Honeywell EMM-3 which is a 3 zone hvac controller. I was troubleshooting a thermostat problem today and looking at this circuit board. It turned out to be a thermostat issue so everything is fine now. But I noticed on the EMM3 one of the resistors was quite hot to the touch, and slightly browned around the edge. Laser thermometer says it is about 160 degrees F.

Should I replace this thing or is this 'normal' to have some heat on this part? It's been working fine, and is from 2007.
20240224_091545.jpg

Last edited:

potroastman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Looks like this is probably normal. They left a square opening on the board most likely for heat. As long as it's working I'm going to leave it alone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks