Elbow overload prior to divertor, issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

The fish

Reaction score
See the attached photo. I was unfortunately not home when the thermostatic control valve and divertor were installed and I received the photo below of the installation. The thermo valve only had the ability to have 2 volume controls and I have three items in the shower. A rain head, a wall mounted shower head and a handheld. The thermo valve from the bottom outlet drives the overhead rain shower. I put the divertor above the top outlet of the thermo valve since the inlet to the divertor was on the bottom and offset to the rear of the divertor. The theory was to have a straight run into the divertor. As you can see that did not happen. The plumber instead ran 4 90 degree elbows within a stretch of a few inches. I could have easily moved the divertor higher if that was the issue and potentially used a 45 degree into the outlet.

The question is if the current set up is an issue. Now is the time to fix it prior to cement board and tile install. I realize the loss is minimal for an elbow, based on info on Internet, but any other issue in regards to turbulence? Thanks

Attachments

• D0EDC546-E35A-43C7-AB62-70807BACAD85.jpeg
    D0EDC546-E35A-43C7-AB62-70807BACAD85.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 157
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks