Educating The Budget Client on Tile shower pricing

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Counter for your example I need time. I got to run and bang out a quote for six showers. 4 barrier free. One low curb. One regular with a back up gravity drain outside shower.

I will post the pricing for these as well. These six will not be budget projects. big end showers (two steamers) all with ACO drains (2 linear 4 x point drain).

Stand by. Should have an answer for you later tonight.

"How to Block Users on Terry Love's Forum"

This helpful article of mine will explain how to block my posts from your view or anyone else for that matter. You will find if you block Jim's posts my posts will make more sense. He loves to add tid bits of propaganda all over the place. Going out of his way to sell Kerdi at every chance.

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Hey counter did you know that some of the steam shower generators actually use the mineral content in the water to heat it. These pre-filter steps are often needed just to make steam. We did a steam shower years ago in Yaletown that used a ROMA Steam Generator. Are water was too soft and they had to add a cartridge to make the steamer work. Sent it to us from Austin Texas.

Great point John and once again im learning from you....... But not the case here with the Amrec AK series steam units that "do not " have the ADK cleanout option.

We consulted with Amrec and the client really wanted this whole house system installed regardless, just so happens to be in the worse of 2 major cities water quality in the metro Twin cities ( being St. Paul).

Heres some Info from Amrec site::

Q. I have very hard water. Is there anything I need to protect my steam generator?
A. A whole house water treatment system should be considered if water quality is a
concern. Good water is desirable for drinking as well as protecting the plumbing
systems, including a steam generator from the negative effects of hard water. Amerec’s
ADK auto drain option is highly recommended to automatically drain and flush the
generator after every steam bath. We also offer a ScaleX water filtration system that
can be installed on the water supply line to reduce scale build-up inside the generator
water tank and extend heating element life.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As I said, it seems strange that any steam generator would want minerals in it! When water boils and turns to steam, it leaves all minerals behind it, and they need to be cleaned out, just like in your teapot. A good design can purge them from the chamber in a clean/flush cycle, but it certainly will work better if there aren't a lot of them in the water in the first place.

If John thinks his showers qualify for the budget shower, he's deluded, but I think we've been aware of that for a long time. Nice if you can afford it, but certainly not budget, at least what most people think of when they think budget shower!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Maybe hire some Children for the drywall work....

Then you can free up the budget for the whole house filtering system. I'm paying this sweet little girl - Nothing.

I promised we would make a cake and eat it with our faces only. LOL

With all the pre-filling my daughter is doing with the drywall mud there, it should only take me an hour or two too sand it out nice for the next stage. I keep telling her to lay it down flatter. She keeps saying she is trying. What can you do?

I think I let her do the entire job! :) Proud father....

The headphones where because I was using the impact at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
:) That's so cute John :)

Isn't she! She gets that from her mother.

And drywall is not all she knows - She is also skilled in Cement Board Installation, Slate Tile, Tiled Counter Tops, Faced Nail Oak Flooring & Inlay, Exterior Painting, Siding & ANSI Shear Testing - Garage Style.

My youngest has the building bug and loves helping me for hours on end. She has been helping me for at least four years on the house. She is eight now.

A.P. Tile guy

Reaction score
$375 hot mop is my first choice.then 350 to float it. That's what i charge.(15 sq.ft pan)average sized.Bigger shower pan , bigger dam . bigger paycheck.I got $1300 for a puddling shower pan last year.just float and set 8'x10'.thats california in the country not the city ..drains perfecto now!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks