Ecowater 3500R20 - Brine water level slowly rising & drip from drain line

Users who are viewing this thread

RickLV

Reaction score
Ecowater ERR 3500R20 installed 5 years ago. No issues until a few days ago. The brine tank was full of water. After reading other posts, I installed this new venturi gasket and triggered a manual regenerate. The regeneration completed successfully, but this did not fix the problem. I did another regenerate, and still have problems. The brine water level continues to slowly rise, and I now notice that there is a slow drip from the drain line. The drain line may have been dripping before I replaced the venturi gasket, but I don't know for sure. I was hoping to get some advice before I invest in any more parts, such as this disk kit. I know that some parts are proprietary.

Last edited:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Disconnect the brine line from the venture housing while the system is in a service mode. Check for a drip. If it drips, that is the cause of the brine tank filling and you will need a seal kit. The dripping to the drain also indicates seals are bad. Remove both disc. Check the end where the 2 meet. They are notorious for cracking where they join.

RickLV

Reaction score
Yes it is dripping out of the bottom of the venturi housing. I do not see any cracks where the inlet and outlet discs come together. Picture attached.

Attachments

• valve-assembly.pdf
    193.5 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

RickLV

Reaction score
Are there any EcoWater parts suppliers out there? I need to purchase Replacement Disc Kit - 7218688. SoftWaterSupply.com has this part on back order.

RickLV

Reaction score
After living without soft water for over over 4 years, I finally purchased Replacement Disc Kit 7218688 from SoftWaterSupply.com. I installed the new rotor discs and seals, and the unit is working again. Thanks Mialynette2003, if you are still out there!