Dropping drip pan on Mitsubishi MSY-D36NA

Users who are viewing this thread

XGempler

Reaction score
Trying to remove the blower wheel in a Mitsubishi MSy-D36NA and am stumped at how to drop the drip pan.
Have easily removed the drip pans on smaller Mitsubishi units but this one has motors on each side of the pan for the left and right vertical vanes. Since the drain is connected to the left hand side (when facing the unit) and the electrical is on the right I can not drop the pan without removing the motors, but the wires for the left motor go across the front of the entire pan and are under a foam pad that is glued in place.
There must be a simple way to remove the electrical or some other trick to remove the pan. Perhaps I can unplug the wires from inside the electrical box? Any insights on how to solve this are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

XGempler

Reaction score
thanks everyone, but I figured it out,
Opened the electrical box and removed the connectors for the wiring to each the vertical and horizontal vane motors from the circuit board and that freed the right hand side of the drip pan to drop without having to detach the drain line on the left. After that all went smoothly like usual. Looks like Mitsubishi more modern designs are more easily serviced than these older ones.
Again, thanks for this helpful forum,

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks