Double Sanitary to Double Wye, inlet position is before wye

Users who are viewing this thread

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
It just seems silly require a vented fixture when butted to another vented fixture that has excess capacity. The proposed new vent will have less than a 4 inches (vs the existing 9.6 inches) from the main vent, but it is what it is.
The "main vent" has nothing draining down from a story above? (If you answered this already, I've lost track). If so I would be sorely tempted to use a plain double wye, on the basis that 4" downstream is good enough for the vent. And that the arrangement would be allowed under the IPC (not applicable to you).

Cheers, Wayne

thekingofspain

Reaction score
I was able to finish the plumbing but unintentionally damaged the ceiling drywall by underestimating the amount of standing water in the main line. I would have probably had to taken it down to extend the joist holes for at least one bath room anyhow. It worked out the best and removed any drywall that had previously water/mold damaged.

I really did not get the sloping the wye until dry fitting. The was not enough play to perform any sloping minus the play in the hub its self. I was able to raise the start of line about 1.5 inches, but that really did not help with the poor slope on the other end of line. Decreasing the length of the vertical vent pipe helped some as well, but not allot. Eventually I made a hole in the wall were the horizontal pipe transistion to the main vertical waste pipe. I was able to cut vertical waste pipe about an inch, which made a world of difference in the overall slope in the apparent flat or reverse slope on the other side of the run. Everything flows better and is much quitier, as before I think the waste was accumalted toward the the end of line and would eventually be pushed down by future waste (coin pusher arcade game). Took some rebar and broke up the scale built up in poorly sloped part of the horizontal part of the drain.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
thekingofspain, sounds like you worked out a solution, it can be really challenging to make code sometimes

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks