Domestic water line reroute

Users who are viewing this thread

Nemos3

Reaction score
I’m remodeling my basement, laundry, room, and where I wanna put a countertop the domestic water supply line would go right through the middle of it up to the upper floor joists. Here’s a couple pictures of what I have. What is the best way to reroute that line closer to the cement foundation next to the electrical conduit so I can get that countertop in there. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thankyou

Attachments

• IMG_5794.jpeg
    IMG_5794.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5798.jpeg
    IMG_5798.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 51

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You could save a lot of space under there by switching to a Cycle Stop Valve control system like the PK1A, which only needs a 4,5 gallon size tank. Then just elbow over to the wall and run the pipe up as close to or in the wall if you want.

PK1A only.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The conduit has bends to keep it tight to the wall. You'll need 45 degree fittings soldered on to move they closer to the wall. 4 of them actually and you'll need some solder and flux or a pro press.

royalflush001

Reaction score
Carefully inspect the current water line route, taking note of its path, any obstacles, and potential points for rerouting. Determine the most efficient and unobtrusive path for the new water line along the cement foundation. If the electrical conduit is in the way, plan the water line route to go around it. With the water line successfully rerouted, proceed with installing your countertop in the desired space. If you're unsure about any aspect of the rerouting process, or if the job seems complex, consider consulting with a licensed plumber for professional assistance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks