Diverter issue on kitchen sink (I think?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Secrets

Reaction score
I have been having problems getting water to flow through my faucet. It has had no problems flowing through the sprayer, however, which some research lead me to believe it is the diverter, because at first, whenever the sprayer was used, when you stopped using the sprayer, the water pressure through the faucet would be lower. Then it would make some rumbling noises, and the pressure would correct. This problem has gotten so severe over the course of a couple of weeks, though, that it now barely trickles out of the faucet, after using the sprayer, which I figured must be that my sink is just having the opposite problem from most people's; instead of losing pressure to the sprayer, it lost pressure to the faucet. When I opened up the faucet, I found this:

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....7/&temp_hash=c7fe2e62919afcc4b5c35900f5f0c123

I watched a few videos which implied I should remove this white piece, or at least see if I can wiggle it around to make it move more smoothly. However, the white piece doesn't move AT ALL, which I think is the problem here, but I'm not very experienced with this, so I can't be sure. Maybe I'm supposed to remove the entire black cylinder? It didn't seem like it comes unscrewed, though, and it also shows no signs of movement. There is no apparent spring inside the white thing. I removed the faucet nozzle, but replaced it before deciding to take a photo. There's nothing of interest on the black cylinder, it's just got a couple of holes for the water to come through, and the cap is just a simple black cap, over which a silver cosmetic piece fits.

I'm not sure what to do at this point, and any advice would be appreciated. My biggest question, though, is this: If the white piece, is indeed the diverter, and the diverter is SO DAMN STUCK that I anticipate I am going to have to break it to remove it, is it worth the trouble, or should I simply replace the whole faucet? This is a faucet that was put in for my mom, four or five years ago (before she passed on), and I have no idea what model or brand it is. I only know that it's probably a very cheap faucet, as it was provided by a church charity group, and a similar model would cost me no more than $70 at the local hardware store.

Thanks
S

Attachments

• 0815150143.jpg
    0815150143.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
...I only know that it's probably a very cheap faucet, as it was provided by a church charity group, and a similar model would cost me no more than $70 at the local hardware store.

Try $30 maybe. Looks like the one pictured in the URL listed below. It also looks like a similar model Sears sold many years ago when I worked there and just about everything Sears sold everyone else had the same OEM version.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-Bay-Aragon-2-Handle-Kitchen-Faucet-in-Chrome-67099-0001/202043831

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks