Dishwasher Install Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Mitsch

Reaction score
I bought my daugher new Whirlpool Dishwaser and want to buy a dishwasher installation kit. I am not sure which is best. There are lots available and I don't know what I need. Can some body make a recommendation? It's a Model WDT750SAKZ. See the picture of undersink below.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Mike

Undersink.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
Oops. I was initially thinking disposal rather than dishwasher.

How about a wider shot showing under the right bowl too.

It looks like there is already a dishwasher hose.

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I suggest cutting out that entire p-trap assembly and starting over with a tubular plastic p-trap.
I suggest a professional if you don't know what you need. There is a lot to know and easy to make mistakes.
Do you have a hole on top for a DW airgap (highly recommended)?

Eman85

Reaction score
Might be the pic but the P trap looks to be in a bind, the pipe coming from the wall might need to be shortened. I installed a dishwasher recently and had to move the dishwasher hose to the left side which looks like what you need to do. Also have to install and air gap, either a high loop in the drain hose or an actual air gap. I don't see the water connection in the pic.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Assuming that there is already a dishwasher installed, I think you can simply install the dishwasher exactly as the previous one is installed. They come with the same corrugated hose that we see in the photo with a rubber boot that connects to the dishwasher. You may need to trim the boot to the correct size, but I believe they come with the largest size typically for what the port on the disposer is (assuming what we don't see in the right of the photo is a disposer).

Most dishwashers come with the drain hose already in a high loop along the side of the DW with the water inlet on the side which is their method of preventing cross contamination.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks