Different type of question, re: Fleck XTR2 valve firmware

Users who are viewing this thread

Reader90

Reaction score
Different type of question.... Reference to another post I saw on this board ".... xtr2 controller (firmware version 1.7.1812)". I have a xtr2 with older firmware 1.3.7085.

Question for dealers/distributors (or if a Fleck rep visits....)

Is there a firmware upgrade path for the xtr2 available to a deployed/in-service valve?
  1. Yes/No?
  2. If yes, How is it done, e.g. through the Fleck XTR2 Field Programmer software, some other method?
  3. How is the firmware obtained? Is there a cost for the firmware, besides labor from a dealer to install?
  4. Other options to perform vs. going through a dealer (as I have a windows 10 laptop, USB cables -- i.e. can follow technical info).
  5. If no, anyone know if a new valve with this capability and have any features that I list below in the "wishlist"
Reason (things I would expect firmware/software to fix and perhaps latest has some/all/others I would benefit from):
1. Clock inaccurate, loses 2/3 minutes a month
2. Posts on accuracy of water flow/usage on this site with this valve
3. Possible other features, updates, bug fixes
4. As a software developer/engineer, I believe in updates and fixes and running latest versions are a good thing

Okay, now I will probably put some of the folks over the edge now with a wishlist for a Fleck or Clack valve, for a consumer application -- xtr2 has the baseline for this with the serial port and an API (i.e. they built a UI and window) -- hello, it is 2019...
1. Control of valve via automation (soft reboot, program, force recycle)
2. Data from valve, configuration settings, usage, regens, everything it shows/stores. Just give me the data, realtime or near realtime in an automated way. Again, field programmer app comes close, but requires user intervention at UI of valve.
3. Perhaps access to an API to be able to develop this capability?
4. Do the AUX1/2 ports allow any type of control of valve or ability to extract data, etc.? And if yes, any known documentation available?

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks