Design oil warehouse

Users who are viewing this thread

TomasIZAK

Reaction score
Hi, Im trying to figure out how to deicide about in rack sprinkler arragment at cocking oil warehouse.

All the flash point of the products is above 300 celsion degree, the product being stored up to 1gal tanks cartooned.
I have multiplie row rack arragent, the ceiling height is 69ft and the storage height is 54ft, vertical height between tiers is 9ft.

I have been reviewing the requirements and got that section 16.5.2.5 is the only on that suitable, it sends me to scheme 'A' arragment section 16.6.1.1 .
The problem is that we talking about huge warehouse about 15000sqft racks only per tier, 6 tier with vertical space of 9ft.
the amount of sprinkler would be enormous by section 16.6.1.1 due to the demand to put a inrack level every 12ft, its mean for me to design in rack level every tier.

My goal is to decrease the amount of sprinklers and to make less levels of sprinklers.

In the new version of NFPA 30 2024 there is a section 16.5.2.15 that uses ESFR for ceiling decrease the amount of inrack levels, but I does'nt meet the requirement.

Im trying to figure out if I can use an ESFR in rack sprinkler as a virtual floor.
Is there something that can I do?

thanks, Tomas.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
What are that regulatory standards for your area? Does NFPA apply to the middle east? I have no experience with fire suppression, especially in other countries. Most here are USA based, someone may be able to help tho.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I've never seen Fire Sprinkler contractors/engineers on plumbing forums and you won't get design help 'online'.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks