Depressurize before BLFC inspection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wally107

Reaction score
Yes. You could install a 0.25 gpm BLFC which means reducing the BF setting to 1/2 of the current setting.

There is a limit to how high the fill rate can be, depending on the injector that is installed but there should not be a problem installing a 0.25 gpm.

Funny...this was a topic of a thread I started wayyyy back when I got the system...even Gary S chimed in. Anyway, since it was brand new, I (obviously) decided to let Sleeping Dogs Lie.

Wally107

Reaction score
Update: I replaced the BLFC button, and thought I was golden...filled a gallon jug in approx 8 min...woohoo!

However, when I ran a full regen, for some reason it’s now BF’ing TOO MUCH!! I had it set to 44min, which should have been 5.5gal. At 36 min I noticed it had pumped about 13.5gal...whoaaaaa! (I stopped the BF).

I can only presume the button somehow got ‘stuck’ in the BD position. Unfortunately, I won’t have time to look at it till probably next Friday.

And I need to somehow suck out 8 gallons of water from the brine well.

Ugh.....

Wally107

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the BLFC out, and took a real close look. From everything I can see, it looks fine to me. I see now it’s actually the white button retainer that slides approx 1/32” forward and backward, to allows different flows.

Anyway, I blew threw it many times, in each direction, and the retainer seems to slide, and restrict flow, normally. I have no explanation for the huge BF flow last time.

Gonna wait till the next scheduled regen, and see if it does it again.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanx!

Wally107

Reaction score
Quick update: regen’d last night. Since I didn’t really trust the BLFC, I temporarily set the BF to 8 min (i.e. 1 gallon). Sure enough, that’s what it put in.

I’m still nervous to set it back to the full 44 min (since I do NOT have a floor drain in my basement). I think I’ll bump it up incrementally (16 then 24, etc), and manually add water as needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks