Delta toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Henrysaunt03

Reaction score
Feedback on Delta Turner or Luxford? I wish I could afford a Toto but I can't. I've read about the inconsistencies with the AS Champions and Cadets so am looking elsewhere. Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Just FYI, the Toto Entrada elongated can be found for about $20 more than the Luxford, if you shop around. I have long considered that toilet to be a Best Buy.

If you just want the least-expensive decent toilet, HD has a $99 elongated two-piece single-flush 1.28gpf toilet in white, if you can find it (I only see it in bone, black and some other color, all for $40 more locally right now), including the seat, the wax ring, etc. That's a pretty-good toilet that flushes well; installed one in a friend's bar two years ago and only replaced it (with the same model) a month or so ago because someone manged to jam a glass in there that we couldn't get out even after pulling the toilet. Flushes very well, decent bowl rinse, stood up to daily abuse in a rough environment, decent quality, nice-enough-looking.

Henrysaunt03

Reaction score
Thanks very much for your answer. The Entrada was not showing up when I did a search for ADA--I was only getting the Drakes and Ultra. But when I searched the name it did show up and says it's ADA. Local supply store (I'm in Maine) can get it for $188. This might be my solution.

Regarding the Deltas, I just can't find any feedback anywhere other than reviews on HD site. It seems weird to me that they aren't discussed, given the price and high reviews (which could certainly be padded, hence my original question). Still interested if anyone out there wants to weigh in.

Thanks again!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
My own concern about the Deltas was the non-standard in-tank design and purpose-built internal parts. Delta is good about keeping parts around for obsolete faucet models, but who's to say that you're going easily to be able find the unnecessarily-complicated this-or-that in-tank part 5 years from now when it breaks. Most Totos will accept very standard in-tank parts from a variety of manufacturers, available almost everywhere. I view that as an advantage, but maybe only because I still have one toilet in the house that was built in 1927. In our more-disposable world these days, I guess that if the Deltas break a few years from now, you can just chuck them.

Whitlow

Reaction score
My own concern about the Deltas was the non-standard in-tank design and purpose-built internal parts. Delta is good about keeping parts around for obsolete faucet models, but who's to say that you're going easily to be able find the unnecessarily-complicated this-or-that in-tank part 5 years from now when it breaks. Most Totos will accept very standard in-tank parts from a variety of manufacturers, available almost everywhere. I view that as an advantage, but maybe only because I still have one toilet in the house that was built in 1927. In our more-disposable world these days, I guess that if the Deltas break a few years from now, you can just chuck them.
I think the Delta Corrente may have been the only one that used a non-standard fill valve. Home Depot quit selling it. I've had mine installed for 5 years now with no issues and I had a friend buy and install 3 units. I think he had a problem with one at first and Delta sent him all new tank parts for free. It's been a long time since being on this forum. I still have not replaced my old downstairs toilet and was looking around at home depot because I have gift cards. It seems the highest ranked by online customer reviews are the Glacier Bay 1-piece 1.1 GPF/1.6 GPF Dual Flush, the Delta Turner 2-piece 1.28 GPF, and the Niagara 2-piece 0.8 GPF. The only one with the traditional flapper is the Delta and the other two use a push button. The Niagara looks like it uses some sort of pressure assist. I think the more mechanical parts like the push buttons use are more likely to break. I think the Delta Turner takes a standard fill valve and an off the shelf 3 inch flapper may fit, but I maybe wrong. The Toto Entrada does seem to be the best buy in a Toto as it seems like it is cheaper than the Drake II.
It looks like the Delta Turner does use what looks to be standard parts.
https://media.deltafaucet.com/PartsDiagram/DPD-S-C43908.pdf
I like the idea of using less water, but I worry about the Niagara having issues after a year like I've seen in some posts. Sometimes it's better to go old school less complicated design unless you like repairing toilets. :)

Last edited:

Whitlow

Reaction score
I just installed a Delta Turner Toilet today. I've had the Delta Corrente for many years now with no issues, but like wjcandee says it has a non-standard fill valve. The nice thing about all the current Delta toilets is they pretty much use standard parts and korky makes 3 inch flappers and flush valves that fit them. Why the Delta Turner? It's relatively cheap, uses a 3 inch flapper instead of a flush valve tunnel and it looks fairly nice. I'd say it's fairly close to an American Standard Cadet 3 but looks a little nicer to me. I used the Danco Next Perfect Seal Toilet Wax Ring which is hybrid plastic and wax ring seal. The Perfect Seal Wax ring gets mixed results in home depot reviews but it seemed to work fine for me and allows you to remove and re-seat the toilet the toilet and easier installation.
20180616_222228.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks