Delta diverter RP17730 vs RP10799

Users who are viewing this thread

Marieanntoinette

Reaction score
Delta changed their standard diverter (RP10799) you an oval one with more holes in it (RP17730) in 1988. My house was built in 1982. Therefore the earlier model should have been used. But my ex used the newer one and somehow got it to work, although it was never quite right. Wrong handles as well. That was is 1998. Now that it broke I have to replace it. I got the new style, because that's what was in there, it didn't fit and broke coming back out. Got the one that should have been used in the first place. Goes in easy. Assemble everything and it makes a loud banging noise like the water is beating it to death for 15 seconds or so. Shower comes on. Tub diverts to tub and shower and it's a lot in both. Got another diverter of the new type. I can't get it in unless I use a lot of grease and bang it in. Then it doesn't turn. I tried sanding the components to make it a bit smaller so it will fit. Nope. So now what? I'm guessing since the wrong one was used in the first place it probably expanded the pipe over the years. Argh. Can anyone help please?

RP10799-B1.jpg

Delta RP10799

rp17730.jpg

Delta RP17730

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks