Delta 600, Converting Push Button Diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

CarolinaReiver

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm at DIYer remodeling my guest bathroom in a 1954 home. I've removed the old delta fixtures as well as the walls. I want to get the walls back up but am having trouble finding a reasonably priced brass shower/tub shower set with a push button diverter. I'd rather not hire a plumber to come put into a new valve. What are my options?

Is it possible to remove the push button and install a plug then just buy a shower kit that has a the diverter on the tub spout?

or

Do I replace the in wall valve and and then buy a shower kit with a tub spout diverter?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the wall is open I would install a newer shower valve. Delta makes a good one and a good tub spout diverter.
If you keep the old stuff, getting parts could get very difficult in a few years.

CarolinaReiver

Reaction score
If the wall is open I would install a newer shower valve. Delta makes a good one and a good tub spout diverter.
If you keep the old stuff, getting parts could get very difficult in a few years.
The wall is open. The old fixtures weren't too old but they didn't go with the color and "theme" that my wife has planned. I guess I was hoping I didn't have to cut pipes and sweat them. Here is a picture of what i'm working with.

I did find that Delta sells a diverter plug. Has anyone ever used these? https://homefixitparts.com/plumbing-faucet-repair-misc-delta-p1-01-661.html

IMG_0040.jpg

Gtg193r

Reaction score
Did that diverter plug work? I am trying to do the same thing right now and as Terry mentioned getting parts is starting to be tough

Gtg193r

Reaction score
The wall is open. The old fixtures weren't too old but they didn't go with the color and "theme" that my wife has planned. I guess I was hoping I didn't have to cut pipes and sweat them. Here is a picture of what i'm working with.

I did find that Delta sells a diverter plug. Has anyone ever used these? https://homefixitparts.com/plumbing-faucet-repair-misc-delta-p1-01-661.html

View attachment 61951
Did that diverter plug work? I am trying to do the same thing right now and as Terry mentioned getting parts is starting to be tough

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks