Deep well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

VirtualRiotBoy

Reaction score
Had a myers qd50cek pump hooked up to my well the seal failed so I ran to my local canadian tire and grabbed a new 1/2 hp pump PN# 062-3590-8. Got home converted it to a dual port by removing original ejector housing. Installed like the myers one was, emptied the pressure tank and pumped bladder to 27psi (set 30/50 on pump) filled pump with water to prime it, switched on and got 0 psi. Shut off added more water and it came up to 15psi. I thought great I'm making head way 1 or 2 more times I should have 50 psi on the pump gauge. Now I've added water 15 times and I'm still no farther then 15 psi on it. I have no access to my well head so I can't install the new ejector inside the well without digging it all up in -10 wether with no exact location of it. Am I doing something wrong here? I have a ball valve on the top of the pump stopping water from even going to the pressure tank and the regulator valve completely closed and still not getting past 15psi

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Really low pressure like 15 PSI can be a symptom of a clogged jet nozzle. It is easy to get a nozzle clogged when changing pumps or working on the plumbing. You could reinstall the ejector to make a shallow well jet pump and test it in a bucket. It maybe possible to run water or air backwards through the injector to dislodge the debris, but most likely it will need to be pulled.
PK1A Deep well jet two pipes.jpg

VirtualRiotBoy

Reaction score
Really low pressure like 15 PSI can be a symptom of a clogged jet nozzle. It is easy to get a nozzle clogged when changing pumps or working on the plumbing. You could reinstall the ejector to make a shallow well jet pump and test it in a bucket. It maybe possible to run water or air backwards through the injector to dislodge the debris, but most likely it will need to be pulled.
View attachment 95877
So here's the update. I dug up the well, pulled the ejector jet assembly, installed the new one with a new foot valve, new well seal and the new pump is still pulling 10-15 psi. First time I started the pump it jumped to 35 psi. I cracked the valve the manual tells me to and water and air blasted out which I thought great were almost there and then the 2nd and 3rd time I cracked it pressure went down to 20 then 15. I installed a priming tee on the top of the well and when I cracked that the first time I got blasted with 3 times as much as inside. So I'm definitely keeping prime now. Is this just a matter of me pulling the ejector assembly and cleaning it another time or two as there may be existing crude that's fallen backwards now?

VirtualRiotBoy

Reaction score
So here's the update. I dug up the well, pulled the ejector jet assembly, installed the new one with a new foot valve, new well seal and the new pump is still pulling 10-15 psi. First time I started the pump it jumped to 35 psi. I cracked the valve the manual tells me to and water and air blasted out which I thought great were almost there and then the 2nd and 3rd time I cracked it pressure went down to 20 then 15. I installed a priming tee on the top of the well and when I cracked that the first time I got blasted with 3 times as much as inside. So I'm definitely keeping prime now. Is this just a matter of me pulling the ejector assembly and cleaning it another time or two as there may be existing crude that's fallen
Newest update. Pulled the ejector 3 times now and cleaned it of junk. Which I'm attributing to have been part of the problem as the first time I cleaned it the pressure stabilized at 18ish, rather than dropping off after bleeding air from the pump a couple of times. The 2nd time I pulled and cleaned it it stabilized around 25ish and this last time it's stabilized around the 30psi mark after draining sediment out of the drain plug on the motor and priming again but I still can't get it up to the 50 mark that it should be at

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks