Danze valve with screwdriver stops or without?

Users who are viewing this thread

AustinSunshine

Reaction score
hi- I have a Danze shower pressure valve without screwdriver stops. I want to buy a trim kit that specifies the version with the stops. (The only style I like.) Can I use the valve I have with no stops. It is the same thing but doesn’t have stops. Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many of the rough-ins use the same body, and the shutoffs are added on. If they're integral to the rough-in, the trim mounting points may differ. The only way to know for sure it to probably contact the manufacturer, or, if you're lucky, compare the two different ones in an accommodating supplier's location before you purchase. You may be stuck, you may not be.

AustinSunshine

Reaction score
Here are the two different valves - the one that is supposed to go with the selected trim kit, and the valve I have without the stops. The outside appears the same, so I am hoping that either valve will work? Is that right? Thanks so much for your help.

E0C65A70-0D5A-4FE7-961A-1ACCF8045FE0.jpeg
694FC084-DA94-441E-A798-5B47BBAE6B38.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It looks like it may fit, but would end up with the caps in the trim to access the shutoffs that don't exist, but that isn't an issue...It's hard to say for sure if the mounting screws are in exactly the same place...that's the critical issue. If you look at the spec sheets, does the cover plate in the parts list have the same part number? I'm guessing that the one for your valve without the access to the shutoffs does not have those openings, and if so, would have a different part number.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks