Danze, Help identifying shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerel Howell

Reaction score
I have two showers with the same trim kit installed and I believe this same valve. I still need to remove the other trim to verify it's the same valve. I'm pretty sure it's a Moen PosiTemp (the trim is moen) of some variety but I need to find a new trim for it. I also popped open the cap there on the right which I believe is the balance spool. It doesn't look very deep to me and it was a mess inside. I assume I'll need to find a way to remove this spool (if that is indeed what it is) and I wonder about advice for that as well. Any help with this would be appreciated. I'm a bit worried that I may have to replace the entire valve but curious to know your thoughts. Thanks everyone!

20181111_161322.jpg
20181111_161345.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig P

Reaction score
Just circling back to pay it forward. This thread gave me enough leads to run down the parts I needed to fix the complete lack of hot water. with an identical valve. The spool part is:
DANZE DA507041 Pressure Balance Spool for Tub & Shower
The stem Cartridge part is:
Danze DA603567 Round Stem Washerless Cartridge for Single Handle Tub & Shower Faucets

Reaching out to Danze customer service (who were incredibly helpful) confirmed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks