CU301-Locked about 70 psi

Users who are viewing this thread

Kristin Antalavits

Reaction score
My situation: We replaced a 13 year old pump, controller and bladder tank last August. We had a Grundfos CU 301 and replaced with the same. The old CU301 was set to 80 psi. It was installed when we built our house. After occupying the house and installing our irrigation system the following spring, we adjusted the psi from 70 to 80.
My problem: We can't set the psi on the new CU301 above 70 psi. I can lock and unlock the unit by pressing the up and down arrows at the same time as per the manual. With the unit unlocked, the pressure could be lowered, but not increased past 70 psi.
Since it took two trips and two trip charges to have this equipment installed, I am reluctant to contact the well service. I have found information online that an infrared transponder (?) is needed to increase the psi above 70.
Is there a solution that doesn't involve a service call with a professional who has the MI-301? We considered purchasing a MI-301, but I have doubts about whether we could solve the problem ourselves.

Kristin Antalavits

Reaction score

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You could replace that CU301 with a regular 70/90 pressure switch, and use a CSV to hold a constant 80 PSI when water is being used. If you can turn a bolt left or right with a Cresent wrench you can adjust a CSV.

https://cyclestopvalves.com/pages/vfd-repair-kit

I heard the newest generation 7 I think of that pump has a 70 PSI max built in because people kept blowing pipe in the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks