Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
img_15892hhggggggggggggggg.jpg

Lo and behold ..on the cheap side of the faucets was a box that looked familiar..beat up , opened ...It was my returned ..,1675 Cadet.
Twenty years ago, I picked up an open box tank with a toilet from a big box.
I assembled the toilet, and water started weeping out of the porous casting on the porcelain tank.
When I returned the tank, I wanted them to mark it defective with a black marker. That is what the plumbing supply stores do. They make "SURE" it doesn't get sold again.
The guy that took it back, said marking it was someone else's job.
You know what that means. It was going back up for sale to the next customer that would give it a try.
They may have been able to get their money from it, selling until someone kept it, but they lost me with that attitude.
I still buy tools there, in unopened boxes.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
how much more did you pay

I did buy a nice delta faucet ..polished so good you need sunglasses...
The quality compared to an AS product is unreal...

how much more did you pay over the junk from American Standard???

The Delta tub and shower faucets are made in greensburg indiana.....

they have not been able to get anynone out of the USA to make their product
up to their standards

...so they finally stopped trying to find slaves in China... ....

Last edited:

saturn

Reaction score
I payed 125.00$, which was about 20% more than the original "American Substandard" faucet cost..(100.00$)
So I wound up paying 20% more for a product that is at least 200% better in quality.
From what I've read, any valve body that has treads cut into it, instead of a machined orifice to accept a soldered joint, is a very substandard product.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks