Connect dual check valve to PEX

Users who are viewing this thread

R_B

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m attempting to install a water-based backup sump pump… and one of the things required is a dual check valve installed on the water line between the sump pump and the main water line. The valve that I’m looking at is this one here: https://www.amazon.ca/Watts-Water-T...d=1531277281&sr=8-3&keywords=dual+check+valve

There is a guy on youtube (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp2aszjBesk) that has used this valve for this kind of project but I don’t have any clue as to how he tied it into the water line.

He’s using CPVC but I was planning on using PEX – could anyone provide any guidance as to how I can connect this valve to PEX piping. Is it possible to use SharkBite fittings?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You are asking how to connect PEX to a 3/4 FIP connection? You use a PEX male adapter. It is OK to use plastic or brass for that. Avoid using a plastic female thread.

You can use pipe dope and PTFE tape both, but if you use the pipe dope on plastic, it should be compatible with plastic.

Treeman

Reaction score
Off topic a bit. In Michigan state code requires the use of a RPZ type backflow preventer instead of that check valve for water powered sump pumps. It adds quite a bit to the installation cost.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks