Cold and hot water line contacts and condensation

Users who are viewing this thread

chrishemminger

Reaction score
I'm in the process of upgrading my existing washer box to a model with an automatic shutoff feature. In the meantime, I want to correct a plumbing error from the original construction where the cold water supply was mistakenly connected to the hot water valve using a red pipe, and vice versa, but I'm concerned that doing so will lead to an inevitable contact between the cold and hot water lines, which causes condensation according to a Youtube video.

I believe there's enough space to insulate one of the pipes using black foam insulation, but I'm open to exploring alternative solutions that could prevent the lines from touching while correcting the mistake. If there aren't any better options, would insulating just the cold water pipe be advisable?

IMG_3713.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks