Clearance for skirted Caroma Sydney Smart II

Users who are viewing this thread

Flamingfish

Reaction score
After reading this forum, I’ve decided that what I need is a Caroma Sydney Smart II, and I think I’ve found a place where I can actually get one. (I swear that finding Sasquatch is probably easier than locating a Caroma toilet on the East Coast.) I’ve been looking at the one-piece models, which are skirted. However, my bathroom is quite small, and I’m worried that there won’t be enough room between the toilet and the water inlet valve, or that the toilet won’t fit at all because of the water inlet valve. I’ve looked at the toilet specs, which seem to show that the back edge of the toilet is 10 3/4”. Am I correct that therefore the edge of the toilet will be 5 3/8” from the center point? How much extra room do I need to give the valve room to operate? Width of the knob (which is currently stuck in place, but that’s another problem) or more?

Thanks much! I’m getting quite an education here.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is one of their one-piece toilets

caroma-989900-02.jpg

caroma-989900-spec.jpg

There is space behind the bowl.

caroma-sydney-smart-2-305-01.jpg

And the Sydney Smart has some room back there for a shutoff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks