Circulator pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Hugobroten

Reaction score
I have a hydronic system floor heat my manifolds are fifty feet from the boilers I have a taco 007 pump with a head of 8.5 on the system now. There was a taco 0010 pump with a head of 10.5 the farthest manifold has
approximately, 20 ft of 3/4 copper
100 ft of 1 inch plastic, 25 ft of one inch copper, with fittings, 250 ft of PEX. I have about 4.5 gal now according to all the manifold flow meters thinking 7.5 ft of head I want to raise it to 6 gpm which would raise the head to 9.7 . My question is would a Grundfos ups 15 cut the mustard it’s a 18 ft head pump with total flow of 17.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Need a rough drawing of the piping , type of boiler and is there just one loop? What are the temp difference between boiler and loops?

Hugobroten

Reaction score
the taco pump feeds four manifolds the biggest one being 6 circuits with what I'm thinking is 250 ft. runs there are also three other manifolds with two circuits each shorter though I'm guessing 75 foot loops. I'm not sure on any of it but I think I'm close for the squared feet they cover.

Hugobroten

Reaction score
there system is dual fuel with a 27kv boiler and a 150 nhb navien boiler

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 125

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
No. At 9.5 ft. Of head, if that's what you have (I haven't added it up) you'll only get around 2 gpm

Hugobroten

Reaction score
Need to know exactly how everything piped ,primary secondary boiler loops, back to back tees per manifolds boilers piped into secondary loop. Normally loops 1/2" pex 35 btus per foot at 20* temp differential 5-10* over room setpoint. What temps are u running? With 6 zones do u have zone valves?
https://www.pexuniverse.com/how-size-circulator-pump
The zones come off the primary it’s close tees two zones in series so second zone is cooler but temp is at 124 with electric, yes there is zone valves on the manifolds. Large manifold flow is just under half gal flow would like to raise it to over half.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks