Can't get my well to run clear anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not sure of that date code, but I am suspecting 2009 or 1997.

The 44 gallon Water Worker would be pretty good if you don't want to order. I would rather have the 44 gallon Water Worker than the 20 gallon Well-X-Trol.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Even with a 10 gallon size tank the entire PK1A kit is only $445.00. If you want to use that tank you can get the PK1ALT for $320.00, which LT means Less Tank, so you can use whatever tank you want. You can also just get the CSV1A valve by itself for $179.00 and use the old pressure switch and fittings if you like.

Dis360

Reaction score
I am not sure of that date code, but I am suspecting 2009 or 1997.

Interesting, when the house was built in 1993 it would have had a new tank installed, the next historical event I can find evidence of is a well pump replacement in 2012. Perhaps that original tank lasted either 4 years or 16 years.

Last edited:

Dis360

Reaction score
You can also just get the CSV1A valve by itself for $179.00 and use the old pressure switch and fittings if you like.

Thanks valveman, I finished installing the new tank last night and got that old tank out of there. Water is running so clear now it's unreal what that old tank was adding to all the water. I needed to install something ASAP so I didn't get the full kit from you otherwise I would have but I did order the CSV1A from you and can't wait to install it and run 50 psi constant. We are in emergency mode at the house and are only using small amounts of water for short periods due to using the 4.5 gallon tank. When I installed the tank I also installed a ball valve before the tank since I didn't have one before, my instincts tell me I should close the valve off some to reduce the flow to the small tank in hopes to increase the minimum runtime of the pump until the CSV arrives.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I should close the valve off some to reduce the flow to the small tank in hopes to increase the minimum runtime of the pump until the CSV arrives.
Remove the handle from the ball valve so it does not inadvertently get closed and deadhead the pump.

Sarg

Enjoy Learning
Reaction score
And then ... when the CSV arrives .... replace the ball valve with the CSV and move the ball valve to the "exit" ( house ) side of the pressure tank

Attachments

• CSV1A.JPG
    CSV1A.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 158
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks