Can you Diagnose a pump going bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Mass

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Bunch of Gentlemen and Scholars here. I already reached out to one Well Guy for an estimate to replace and install a new one. He's getting back to me with pricing. And I left messages with two others whom I'm waiting to hear back from.

The one guy I talked to already was familiar with CSV's. Said he installs a lot of them and is a big fan. Later when I get time I'm going to call the company and discuss with a tech there my situation and see what they say about tweaking it from the standard 50psi to a bit higher like you suggested the other day.
I think I'll do that install myself and have a pro install a new pump.

Reach4 - I know you are curious about the existing pump. I'll take some good pics/video for you when it gets removed.

I'll let y'all know how I make out in the coming days.

Thanks again

Mike Mass

Reaction score
My well service guy is recommending a Franklin Pro Series Fully Stainless Steel pump. You guys have any opinions on this? Or other brands I should be looking at? I've gotten 2 estimates. Waiting on one other to call back before pulling the trigger on this guy.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Franklin makes good motors, but they have really cheapened up their pump ends. Grundfos or Goulds are better. But most times you have to take what the well man sells. Grundfos is fully stainless steel. The Franklin will have a Stainless shell over an all plastic pump and they still call it Stainless, but it is not.

Mike Mass

Reaction score
Thanks. I got 3 estimates. I got it narrowed down to 2 guys. One wants to use a Franklin, the other a Grundfos. The Grundfos guy actually came in a tad cheaper. Negligible however. Both guys come from good recommendations. I really want to add a CSV after the new pump goes in. I want to make sure I get the right pump that works in conjunction with the CSV.
The amount of videos and reading that I have gone through the past few days is really draining my brain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks