Can ST776EA tank work on CST743E toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Buaa

Reaction score
I broke the tank of my CST743 toilet. Ordered a new tank but the seller sent me the wrong item which is ST776EA. They told me ST776 can work on my toilet however. Now before I unpack the tank, can anyone here confirm that is the case? Thanks a lot for the input.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, the ST776EA works on the old C743E and C744E bowls.
The 7/8" nut on the supply line is a tight fit if if comes with the ridges. I suggest installing the supply to the tank first, and make sure the ridges are in place that doesn't interfere, or pick up a supply with a smaller OD without the ridges.

fluidmaster-toilet-supply-38.jpg

I have trimmed the taller ridges off before.

Last edited:

Buaa

Reaction score
Thanks again. I managed to install the tank successfully. I was really really concerned/careful when I tightened the two nuts to secure the tank. I felt that it would break any time but eventually it worked. Hope it can last.

I did not trim the ridges though on the water supply line. It was blocked a bit but it went through finally.

Thanks for the help, Terry. Really appreciate it.

Markiz

Reaction score
I broke the tank of my CST743 toilet. Ordered a new tank but the seller sent me the wrong item which is ST776EA. They told me ST776 can work on my toilet however. Now before I unpack the tank, can anyone here confirm that is the case? Thanks a lot for the input.
Have you noticed any improvement in the performance upon replacing the ST743E tank with the ST776 tank?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks