Can anyone Identify this 2 handle tub stem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Fixing1430

Reaction score
The house was built in the early 70s to help date the parts. The tub is dripping and I would like to try replacing the stems / valve assembly I do not know the manufacturer but the 2 handle tub / faucet unit has "14466" stamped on it. I've attached some photos of the handles and stems to try to narrow it down. Thanks!

fixing1430-01.jpg

fixing1430-02.jpg
fixing1430-03.jpg
fixing1430-04.jpg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This looks to be Grand Haven. This item number is from the Barry Walter Co. who sells to wholesalers around the country.
Another number is 11-1864 from Kissler & Co.

GrandHaven405011.jpg
IMG_9780.jpg

Fixing1430

Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing! Is the photo you attached a picture you just took? Meaning do you have this part? If so, do you sell parts too???
I contacted Barry Walter Co. as you suggested and they told me to send them photos, etc. and they would review and direct me to a local dealer if they had it.

Fixing1430

Reaction score
Yes. They sent me a link to a dealer who had the part. I was able to order it by phone. Although it looks about right, I won't know for sure until I am able to actually try it out. It's at a rental property so I haven't been able to replace the old part yet. I have to wait for a time when its convenient for the tenants.

Fixing1430

Reaction score
We put the new stems in yesterday. It was almost impossible to get one of the old ones out since it's been in there since the 70s. The new ones were actually slightly different in a few ways although the threading fit. We changed out a few of the O-rings too. It worked but waiting to hear what happens after a few weeks...
Fingers crossed.
Again, thanks for you help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks