Buying glass panels for a shower frameless fixed panel setup: what specs should I be looking for the glass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
To eliminate doubts and a subjective question comments I would say that these are regular panels (say 36"x78") and the glass has to be clear finish. I am being told that not all the glass is the same but when I ask for specs they are telling me "it is American regular clear 10mm think tempered glass"

Are there some specs or better glass that I could ask for or it is all the same ?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
'Normal' glass has a slight blueish green to it. There are glass formulations that are essentially colorless. You can also get laminated glass panels (similar to a car windshield) that won't crack explosively into tiny chunks if broken. Then, there are some finishes that are bonded to the surface that can make most of the water bead up and wash away rather than sheet on it leaving water spots, making it stay cleaner and easier to clean when the time comes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks