Boosting well pump pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Teetorbilt

Reaction score
I have an AO Smith, I HP, 230V pump (Goulds #J06853L) controlled by a Furnas series C AS4FX switch set at 30-50.

All of the components are less than 4 yrs. old and have been rigorously maintained. The layout is; pump to 25 g. pressure tank to 30m. filter to Kineteco green sand to WaterBoss 900 softener to 5m. filter to house.

The flow and pressure are less than I would like. Can I safely take this setup and go to 40-60 (I know how to adjust the switch). Will the pump take it? Any idea of how much more it will cost over the span of a year? Kids are gone and the're just two older folks living here but the sprinklers are on the same system. I'll be redoing the sprinklers soon, going to xeriscaping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks