boiler warranty pricing

Users who are viewing this thread

Netmouse

Reaction score
HELP. More on my 1-year warranty on my boiler is ending.

I thought you could buy a 5-year (or 10-year) extended warranty for boilers for about $200. About 15 years ago with my old boiler I paid a few hundred one time for this. Also, I see a price list on the internet for Burnham's warranty for $270 and it looks like this is one payment and buys 5-years of coverage.

My manufacture, Peerless, will not give me details and sells through vendors. So, I asked the installer what it would cost, but what they say sounds wrong. I can buy the extended warranty through them for $225 a year, paying each year, and it is only for 4 years, not 5, that they offer this price. So I think they are making this up. They also have their own annual service plan for about the same price but does it does not cover "everything", but it seems most things.

Are extended warranties usually one payment to buy a 5-year warranty? I know the installer said before that they do not want to sell an extended warranty as they make more money with their own plan. So I think they are trying to discourage me.

Your thoughts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks