Black Moldy Marks on wood inside wall under upstairs bathroom... What is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

jsmlee1207

Reaction score
Hello, so I saw a slight crack in my drywall ceiling with water marks, which was located below an upstairs bathroom, so I decided to make a small hole and put a camera through to look inside.
I noticed that an area nearby with very black moldy marks. Is this mold or what can this be? Please help! Links are below to the images.. Thank you.

oldVermonter

Reaction score
If indeed it is mold (seems likely), I suggest checking out this website:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Spray paint or adhesive from the factory. Wipe your hand across it. If it mold you'll see it come off.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am having trouble with the picture the stairwell isnt dry walled or dry wall was ripped open? some of the black looks normal other looks suspect maybe its blown up real big in pic just looks hard for me to tell. It should be obvious but I suppose for 10 bucks get a kit and test it, because I cant tell in the pic

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks