BIG well problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Raffiecat

Reaction score
Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I know N O T H I N G about well and I'm having a problem. I had a stump ground out this morning directly behind the well. Now I have brown water (which I suspect is from the well being disturbed) and fading water pressure. The water is fine from any faucet when I first turn it on, but it fades in about 5 minutes. Could the stump grinding have caused this? Do I need to call a repair person, or is this something that will return to normal with some time. I can see that the thing sticking out of the ground (is that the pump) looks as though it has not been harmed. Just wanted to know if the disturbance around the well could be causing this. I don't want to pay someone to come out here and tell me to wait it out.

The novice housewife thanks you again =-)
Cat

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you have any idea where the pipe runs from the pump to the house? Could it have been nicked, crushed, or damaged by the machinery? Does it look like rust or dirt?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks