Bidet power requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

GL77

Reaction score
I would like to put in a bidet seat but I don't have a circuit free to power heat in it. The refrigerator circuit is right on the other side of the wall.
It's 20A and includes a couple of rarely used GFCI receptacles. I could come off one of those and bring an outlet to the bathroom side of the wall, but I understand bidets draw enough power that it wouldn't be a good idea to put it on with the fridge. Other than that, I don't have a way to power the thing. Is it a bad idea to have one that is not heated? My water is not icy cold out of the tap, but still. What do you think? Is it still worth it without heat? Do they make quality bidet seats that aren't heated? or should I forget it?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would like to put in a bidet seat but I don't have a circuit free to power heat in it. The refrigerator circuit is right on the other side of the wall.
It's 20A and includes a couple of rarely used GFCI receptacles. I could come off one of those and bring an outlet to the bathroom side of the wall, but I understand bidets draw enough power that it wouldn't be a good idea to put it on with the fridge. Other than that, I don't have a way to power the thing. Is it a bad idea to have one that is not heated? My water is not icy cold out of the tap, but still. What do you think? Is it still worth it without heat? Do they make quality bidet seats that aren't heated? or should I forget it?
My bidet seat is rear clear. There is no heat. I love it. Heat is better but it's definitely not necessary and the cleanliness alone makes the seat a must in our house.

If you can there's also the option of tempering the water that goes to the bidet. You should/might be able to use a tempering valve under a nearby sink.

Last edited:

GL77

Reaction score
My bidet seat is rear clear. There is no heat. I love it. Heat is better but it's definitely not necessary and the cleanliness alone makes the seat a must in our house.

If you can there's also the option of tempering the water that goes to the bidet. You should/might be able to use a tempering valve under a nearby sink.
Hey, John, I know this is an old thread but if you're still around, would you mind sharing what brand/model you have? I'm still thinking about this and I've been reading tons of reviews for non-electric bidet seats. Most people don't mind the temperature but the problem is they have so much trouble with leaks! Even brand names like Kohler, who makes the Purewash. Maybe companies see the non-electric ones as an item they aren't going to put quality parts into?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have supplied tempered water to handheld bidet wands for customers who wanted those.

The Toto C2 model uses 512Watts of power.

I prefer the heated seat and water personally.. got spoiled having the fancy Neorest in the office.. But I have a Brondel squeeze bottle version I take travelling and backpacking and I have used litterally ICE cold water from a creek to do the deed and survived!

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rear clear is the brand. I don't know if they have different models, but it was like $49. I've had mine for 4 or five years and haven't had any trouble with it. My kids mess with it all of the time and shoot water across the room. There's no telling if I have a good one and their quality varies, but I've had good luck with it. I bought my mom one and they didn't really use it and it broke.

No matter what it's only a $49 (or so) risk. A leak that causes damage is a risk worth anything plumbing wise. You just have to look and monitor it for a while I guess.

I would be much more apt to risk a cheap bidet than invest with an expensive one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks