Bathtub install

Users who are viewing this thread

Jchristman92

Reaction score
I got a bathtub that me and my friend put in and we trimmed of a little of the support and finally got it to fit in to dry fit and now it's in and the manual says to use construction adhesive on the feet and secure the sides with screws and he said that he doesn't think it's needed since it will be fastened down securely, will something happen if I don't use the adhesive? It's a fiberglass tub I believe

Jchristman92

Reaction score
So I got the bathtub installed with the adhesive it says it needs in the manual and used 1/2 inch PEX that connects to the 1/2 inch copper main and it's connected to my shower valve with 1/2 going up and the shower whistles when using it, did I do it wrong?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
So I got the bathtub installed with the adhesive it says it needs in the manual and used 1/2 inch PEX that connects to the 1/2 inch copper main and it's connected to my shower valve with 1/2 going up and the shower whistles when using it, did I do it wrong?

A whistling shower is normally in the flow restrictor. Either change the head, or drill a larger hole through the restrictor to change the vibration.

Jchristman92

Reaction score
A whistling shower is normally in the flow restrictor. Either change the head, or drill a larger hole through the restrictor to change the vibration.
Ok so it's normal for new shower heads to whistle unless you increase the size of the flow restrictor

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks