Bathroom Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

jakeinsouthcarolina

Reaction score
Hello - new to forum. I’m trying to get some education on venting - which always confuses me a bit. I’m building a small detached sleeping room with a small bathroom. My plumbing plan is something like pictured here. My question is whether I need the vent lines at all since everything is so closely coupled or whether I can allow the other drain lines to function as the vents if I use 3” on everything. This isn’t a code issue for me (no permits or inspections required)but just a function issue. For scale - it is 13 feet across the whole plan making the toilet and shower drain about 5.5 and 4.5 feet from the main drain line leading to the vent stack.

Waste lines in red - possible vent lines in green. This will be under slab

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

upload_2020-6-1_0-41-58.png

Stuff

Reaction score
You only need a single vent at the lav; it is called wet venting. 3" is only needed for the main and toilet branch. The rest should be 2"

jakeinsouthcarolina

Reaction score
You only need a single vent at the lav; it is called wet venting. 3" is only needed for the main and toilet branch. The rest should be 2"

thank you very much - appreciate the reply. This is what I was thinking. The vent lines looked redundant.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All horizontal fittings there should be wyes or combo fittings.
The lav run with 2" can wet vent both the shower and the toilet.
If this is on the first floor where you need an end of run cleanout, then under the lav would be a good spot.

wet_vent_upc_3_4_bath.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks