4x4x2 wye
for sink
new 2†vent
line
meets in with
new vent

Keithdeanne

Reaction score
lets try this one more time. sorry about the jibberish. computer problems.
attached is a lay out for a second bathroom. My question is would the configuriation on the vent be acceptible?

Attachments

• vent.pdf
    4.2 KB · Views: 678

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

The vent for the lowest toilet has to be connected to the pipe going to that toilet, not the main sewer line. And if your piping drawing is correct, then the vents for the upstairs sink and toilet are also not correct. If the plumbing is correct but the drawing is wrong, then the vent from the lower level can connect to the pipe shown, but has to be at least 42" above the floor in the upper bath.

Keithdeanne

Reaction score
The drawing is very close to what is existing in the house. This is how the house was plumbed back then in 1948.If the vent for the toilet on the main wouldn't work. What type of fitting could I use to get the required vent on the new toilet line and still be able to have the toilet flange located in the proper location. I have a distance of about 15" from the mainline to where I would like to locate the toilet flange. I thought about using a 3x3x2 wye on the toilet main line but that would require the fitting to be "almost" horizonal and from what I have been reading thats a big NO NO.
I should have some acctuall photos soon of the main stack and the rest of the plumbing in the house. I still live in the dark ages with a camera that requires me to get the film developed :mad:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

If I am reading it correctly there might be a problem installing the vent opening into that line if you go directly from the main to the toilet. But you might have to put the 4x4x3 "Y" or combination Y-1/8 bend, (probably a better fitting for your purpose), off center, possibly under a wall and then angling the drain line to the toilet.

Keithdeanne

Reaction score
I though about the off center idea and that's probley what I will be doing being the toilet will be up on a platform anyways. Am I correct about the 3x3x2 "y" laying horrozontal, is this a no no? I am assuming that It would require a pitch so that waste wouldn't back up in to the vent but what pitch? I have been reading 1/4" per linear foot?