Bathroom faucet leak where hose meets tee assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

Pete28

Reaction score
Good afternoon, all.

I am attempting to DIY a bathroom faucet replacement. Bought a new Kohler Kelston wideset sink faucet and was able to get it installed; however, when I turn a faucet on, there is a leak where the hose meets the tee assembly. This is true for both hot and cold. I have not detected a leak when the faucet is off (whether the water supply valve is open or shut).

Here's a link to the tee assembly part page:
https://www.us.kohler.com/us//productDetail/assembly/632750.htm?skuId=601280&_requestid=2943618

kohler-lav-tee.jpg

Here is a link showing most of the parts for this faucet :
https://www.us.kohler.com/us/catalog/svg_viewer.jsp?productId=427012&diagram=0

So far, I have tried putting plumber's tape on the threaded part of the tee assembly where the hose screws on, but it had no effect. Also tried tightening the hose where it attaches to the tee assembly -- no effect.

Any advice? Thank you in advance

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The tee installs with the supplied rubber washer and the supplies thread to that.

Please remove any tape you may have put on. Tape only causes leaks when not needed. The supply lines have seals at the end that work perfectly.

kohler-kelston-tee.jpg

kohler-kelston.jpg

Last edited:

Pete28

Reaction score
The tee installs with the supplied rubber washer and the supplies thread to that.

Please remove any tape you may have put on. Tape only causes leaks when not needed. The supply lines have seals at the end that work perfectly.
Sorry to be unclear. I had leaks on both hot and cold sides of the tee before I put tape on. I can remove the tape, but I suspect I will still have the leaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks