Bath Tubs

Users who are viewing this thread

Geo422

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question but here goes ;;; Is the tubs and toilets that the big box stores sell the same quality that my local plumbing showroom sells.?
I have been told that they are not the same quality ,thanks again for all the advice I hav e received from the great people on here. Sure been a super help George

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
This discussion has been debated on just about anything made. There used to be a nationwide chain of stores that sold "factory seconds". All manufacturing have problems at times and I have seen them first hand. If the products are not perfect but good enough to pass certain specifications or certifications, then they are handed off to distributors. Nationally known retail electronics sold at Walmart, as an example, are not the same as the product sold at Best Buy even though they have the same model number. They also might have, not obvious, fewer features. Many defects are simply cosmetic and don't degrade the product use. Obviously, you cannot compare Glacier Bay to Toto! The pro plumbers on this forum will be along to give their opinions of products in their trade.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Big companies like HD, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. often have unique product numbers for the same item. This allows them to NOT have to price match for the "same item" because the numbers are different. My opinion is that HD, and others, will buy a "production run" without final inspection, so that the customer is the final inspector. If they accept the item, good, if they return it, they have to spend the extra time and the item is discarded just like it would have been during an inspection, therefore, NO LOSS.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks