Bath Remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

sajesak

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been working on a bath remodel, had a question and came across this chat room.
So, here goes my first question...

I am getting ready to install a vintage refinished claw foot tub. I was assembling the drain and discovered that the drain flange doesn't quite fit into the tub drain hole. I'm thinking it's because the urethane material is caked on a little in the hole...but not exactly sure. I was thinking that I could remove some of the material and see if it the flange fits. Just not sure if I have the wrong sized flange or if it is the urethane? And if it is just the urethane material, how should I remove this? I'm hesitant to remove the material because I don't want to encourage any peeling or expose the cast iron. Maybe I'm over thinking it??

sajesak

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been working on a bath remodel, had a question and came across this chat room.
So, here goes my first question...

I am getting ready to install a vintage refinished claw foot tub. I was assembling the drain and discovered that the drain flange doesn't quite fit into the tub drain hole. I'm thinking it's because the urethane material is caked on a little in the hole...but not exactly sure. I was thinking that I could remove some of the material and see if it the flange fits. Just not sure if I have the wrong sized flange or if it is the urethane? And if it is just the urethane material, how should I remove this with the help of bathroom renovation chicago? I'm hesitant to remove the material because I don't want to encourage any peeling or expose the cast iron. Maybe I'm over thinking it??
thanks for any help

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
It would be helpful if you could post a picture. If it's the inside of the hole then you could remove some material. If your talking about the top of the hole around the flange I wouldn't remove it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks