Bath Remodel Questions - Is This a Good Design?

Users who are viewing this thread

TomSt

Reaction score
Hello, friends,

Frequent reader over the last 20 years or so. First time poster. I would appreciate advice on whether my plumbing changes are correct. I'm under IPC.

I am remodeling a full bath on a 4" slab on grade. The toilet needs to be relocated to a better spot, as does the vanity. Thankfully, both are close to the exterior wall. There's a 3" PVC drain line a few feet outside the exterior wall. That line has one bath (toilet, lav and shower) and the kitchen sink on it. For a number of reasons, I believe my best approach here will be to cut the slab and connect the relocated toilet and lav to that 3" drain line.

I am also making changes to accommodate the bathroom above. Instead of a single lav, it will have a double.

I've drawn out the plumbing system for the entire house (attached). The changes are marked in blue. I appreciate your patience with my crude drawings!

Are my proposed changes correct? Any advice?

Attachments

• house plumbing diagram.pdf
    381.9 KB · Views: 78

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
1st floor tub is wet vented from floor above thats not right. 1st floor toilet and lav that get revented only need 1 1/2" in your code but 2 inch is fine. 2nd floor 1/2 bath and laundry venting is wrong , along with the tub. master bath toilet 1 1/4 ne3ver heard of that I think your code allows 1 1/2" vent , master double lavs is ok but why a 2 inch vent? kitchen sink is great!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks