Basement shower drain questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Hafemann

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am putting a bathroom in my basement. Everything was plumbed in when I bought my house except for the shower drain. So it has been "my pleasure" to tear up the concrete to put in the drain.

The main 3" drain wasn't exactly where I thought it was going to be, so it is going to be tight. I've included a diagram to show you what I am working with.

1. Do I need to vent the drain when it is this close to the main drain? There is a studor vent off the main stack about 6 feet away.

2. The shower drain will have slope and will interface with the main drain at about 2" above the bottom of the main drain. In other words, the shower drain will not be horizontal to the main drain. The shower drain will need to interface with the main drain at about a 45 degree angle. Should I be using a Wye or Sanitary T?

3. Since the space is close and I can not move the main pipe to completely glue in the Wye or T, do I glue in one end of the pipe and use a fernco the other end, or do I just use ferncos both ends?

TIA,

Tom

Attachments

• 20210410_134829.jpg
    20210410_134829.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 151
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks