AS Cadet 3 Right Height RF vs. Toto ?, 1.28 vs. 1.6 gpf

Users who are viewing this thread

scherryd

Reaction score
I've been searching your forums to make an informed decision about which toilet to buy. I'm replacing a waterhog and decided on an American Standard Cadet 3 Right Height Round Front 12" rough based on consumersearch.com recommendations. Many of your forum posts do not recommend AS products and warn of poor workmanship and quality control. I figured out that I will need to take the AS bowl out of the box and check the level, plus ck for cracks and uneven glazing. (I'm sure the guys at the plumbing store will love that... me being a "little" woman with a level and a mirror.)

I would have preferred the Toto Drake but have been told they only sell elongated versions. The only RF, Comfort Height, 1.28 gpf Toto product I could find is the Promenade model #CST423EF#01 and I do not like the look of it at all. (I want something with cleaner lines.) Am I incorrect, are there other Toto models I have not found with the RF, ADA, 12" rough, low water consumption criteria?

My 2nd question: am I getting too wrapped up on 1.28 gpf vs. 1.6 gpf criteria? Are there problems with flushing ability with lesser water? I know the 1.28 gpf is 20% less and would rather use less water since I have to physically carry water when the pipes freeze (like I did last winter). Also, the water/waste is going into a 60 year old septic system and I "assume" running less water through the system is better.

Looking forward to reading your opinions and recommendations.

Scherry

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO makes two tall, round bowls
The Promenade. CST423(E or S)F
The Entrada, CST243EF
The elongated ADA Drake would be 29" from the wall on a 12" rough
The Round Cadet Right Height would be 28-1/4" from the wall on a 12" rough.

Toto used the make a round front Dalton, but that's no longer made.
The Round front TOTO Promenade would be 27-1/4" from the wall on a 12" rough.
The Round TOTO Entrada would be 27-1/4" from the wall on a 12" rough.

Any of these would work. I prefer how the water rinses on the Drake over the Cadet, and of course you should pull the items and check them.

http://terrylove.biz/toilets/98-toto-cst243ef-entrada-toilet.html

cst243ef_spec_pic.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks